Community Engagement Projects
Opening Doors, Opening Minds
The entire community benefits when people learn to make the most of their abilities and take advantage of opportunities in life. A gift to Medicine Hat College will help people develop the skills, knowledge and character needed to make positive contributions to our society.
Your support will enable Medicine Hat College to deliver affordable, accessible and relevant programming to every student. Medicine Hat College believes every individual should have access to education that equips him/her to lead a more fulfilling life.
Current ProjectsYour passion, our students
It’s important for our institution to involve our donors in the gifting process. We have several opportunities listed below, but we also welcome the opportunity for you to be creative.
Our development officers can work with you to match your philanthropic goals to the college’s objectives. Contact us today to tell us what inspires you and learn about all the ways you can give to MHC or donate today.
Help students achieve their goals and realize the benefits of advanced education in our region. Supporting our annual campaign for students enhances programs, provides bursaries that reduce costs, and rewards academic and athletic achievements.
- The student awards program funds scholarships and bursaries. Start a legacy with an endowment, or fund an award annually. We can help you help a student.
- You can enhance a program in many ways. We’re often looking for resources – including equipment and expertise -- to provide new learning opportunities.
- Help us Create a Community of Giving by supporting students at MHC through a giving pillar - Grassroots: Access to Education Fund, Aspire: Academic Achievement Fund, and Pathways Student Life Enhancement Fund, each with a unique focus to support learners of all kinds. Click here to learn more.
- Donate to a student group (example: Enactus) to help enhance a student’s educational experience at MHC.
Art, design, music and dance are vital aspects of society and thriving segments of our economy. Supporting arts and culture helps students develop their passions and talents.
“Bring Back the Music” is a project that inspires younger students who otherwise may never have the opportunity to hold an instrument. Share your love of the arts!
- MHC's Conservatory of Music and Dance enhances our community with top-notch faculty and instruction. Help us continue the legacy.
The business world continues to grow in complexity and opportunity. The small company on the corner may do business across the globe while meeting needs at home, too. Your support enhances the capacity of women and men establishing their careers.
- Should I look for a job, or make my own? That’s a question that many people encounter and with your support, an increasing number are opting for the world of entrepreneurship. You can help future business leaders develop through the Entrepreneur Development Centre (EDC.)
- Learning in the class is good, but hands-on learning in the world helps lessons strike home. Your help enables students to take learning to the community through class projects.
New. Cutting edge. Possibilities. That’s what innovation is all about. You can help ensure people in our region have access to experiences and equipment to foster the growth of ideas and the economy.
- If you think robotics is the stuff of science fiction and manufacturing, visit our health simulation center to see how innovation is changing learning.
No discussion of our province’s immediate future is complete without considering the role of the skilled trades. The opportunities in this area have never been greater. Your support expands our capacity to help individuals prepare for jobs that employers need.
- The college must keep pace as technology and techniques change. With your help we can tool up our programs to ensure learning is aligned and relevant to the real world.
- Career development starts early. You can help ensure that youth understand the potential of careers in the trades.
Teams and competition help people prepare for the realities of the workplace while bringing a sense of accomplishment and pride. The Rattlers develop talents and take Medicine Hat College spirit and energy on the road when they compete.
- A student athlete makes a big commitment when they join a team. Practice, training and competing crowd the hours available for learning; help a Rattler achieve their academic and athletic potential by supporting scholarships or Adopt A Rattlers Team.
- The home field advantage offers the Rattlers an edge, and boosts the economy too. Help us host provincial and national championships and cheer on the Rattlers.
- The Health, Wellness & Athletics Expansion project (opening in 2022) will see investment in health and wellness facilities and simulation spaces in the east campus, as well as the creation of a cultural hub for the college and community.
Director, Community Engagement
Community Relations Officer