Code of Conduct for Library Users
(In a Nutshell)
- Treat all staff members and library users with respect. Behaviour that threatens, harasses or demeans others is not tolerated.
- Treat library furniture, space, books and equipment with respect.
- Be considerate of others. Read and follow the signs indicating where you can conduct group work and where you should be quiet.
- Food and drinks are permitted, in spill proof packages/containers (unless otherwise noted).
- Clean up after yourself. Put your garbage and recyclables in the bins provided and put furniture back where you found it.
- Check with staff before putting up posters or other promotional materials in the library.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by someone 18+.
- You are responsible for all library materials on your account, and you must return or renew them before their due date/time.
- Don’t leave your computer unattended, and don’t share your account information with anyone.
This is provided as an overview only- please see the entire Code of Conduct for Library Users on the right, and get to know our new Lending Rules here.
Failure to comply can result in:
- Verbal warnings
- Expulsion from the library
- Banning from college premises
- Withholding of transcripts, prohibiting subsequent registration at the college, and/or other penalties under the non-academic misconduct policy (students)
Staff have the authority to enforce the Code of Conduct, and work closely with campus security to ensure this code is respected. Following this Code of Conduct will help keep the library a safe and comfortable place for everyone.