Libraries adopt policies, directives, guidelines, and procedures to regulate and advise staff on various aspects of materials, library service, facilities, and guide our practices. Below are a few of our guiding documents.
Learn More About:
Code of Conduct for Library Users (In a Nutshell)
- Treat all staff members and library users with respect. Behaviour that threatens, harasses or demeans others is not tolerated.
- Treat library furniture, space, books and equipment with respect.
- Be considerate of others. Read and follow the signs indicating where you can conduct group work and where you should be quiet.
- Food and drinks are permitted, in spill proof packages/containers (unless otherwise noted).
- Clean up after yourself. Put your garbage and recyclables in the bins provided and put furniture back where you found it.
- Check with staff before putting up posters or other promotional materials in the library.
- Children under 12 must be supervised by someone 18+.
- You are responsible for all library materials on your account, and you must return or renew them before their due date/time.
- Don’t leave your computer unattended, and don’t share your account information with anyone.
Failure to comply can result in:
- Verbal warnings
- Expulsion from the library
- Banning from college premises
- Withholding of transcripts, prohibiting subsequent registration at the college, and/or other penalties under the non-academic misconduct policy (students)
Staff have the authority to enforce the Code of Conduct, and work closely with campus security to ensure this code is respected. Following this Code of Conduct will help keep the library a safe and comfortable place for everyone.
This directive’s purpose is to guide and inform the selection and maintenance of print and non-print materials by the library. It is our goal to ensure an adequate, balanced collection that meets the needs of the College community. Read the complete directive here.
Where are the Lego Mindstorms located?
The Lego Mindstorms are kept in a locked cabinet, please ask Library Staff for assistance.
Who can use the Lego Mindstorms?
Only Students, Staff & Faculty are allowed to use the Lego Mindstorms.
Will Library Staff pre-build Lego structures for my class?
No, building is part of the fun! We only supply the kits.
Academic Poster Printing
Where is the wide format printer located?
The printer is located on the right side of the library, next to the photocopier.
Who can use the wide format printer?
Everyone can use the printer.
What size does the printer print and is there a cost?
The printer prints 36" width and unlimited height. Yes, there is a cost, it is $4.50/ft (charged by the height).