Conditional Admission Plan
Prepare for your future
Applying to a conditional admission plan (CAP) provides an opportunity for students to receive conditional admission to select programs while completing subject or English language proficiently requirements
About this ProgramFor official information, please consult the MHC calendar.
The Conditional Admission Plan (CAP) allows you to explore your chosen field by enrollingin one or more courses in the program into which they are conditionally admitted. Students will be
supported by the Academic Advisor. Using this means of entrance into a program, you will participate in a course designed to enhance your opportunity for success in both academic and personal endeavours. You will also benefit from the added support of the CAP coordinator while you face the challenges of attaining a college education.
Methods of Application
You must complete the Medicine Hat College’s Application for Admission form, submit official high school and/or post secondary transcripts to Student Services, and pay the application fee. You may be required to complete an academic assessment.
To be accepted as an CAP student, you must:
- have approval of the program coordinator.
- have a plan of study outlining the conditions of your individual Conditional Admission Plan signed by the coordinator of the program to which you are applying.
- be able to complete all necessary prerequisites within one year, even though you do not currently meet regular admission requirements for the program.
- demonstrate potential and motivation to succeed in your chosen Medicine Hat College program.
When you have been conditionally accepted into your program through CAP you must:
- attend scheduled meetings with the CAP Coordinator.
- successfully complete all required academic prerequisites, the MAST 100 (Master Student) course, and at least one program specific course in one calendar year.
- comply with the conditional letter of acceptance and fulfil any additional requirements for full acceptance into your program ( e.g., participate in program specific supports and activities and complete requirements such as First Aid/CPR, volunteer hours, etc.).
Programs offering CAP
- Administrative Office Professional
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Art & Design)
- Built Environment Engineering Technology (BEET)
- Business Administration
- Child and Youth Care Counselling
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD)
- Criminal Justice (considered after June 1)
- Early Learning and Child Care
- Environmental Reclamation Technician
- Information Technology