Programs & Courses
Tourism & Hospitality Management
About this Program
Earn a Certificate of Achievement in Tourism & Hospitality Management
In this micro-credential, students will enhance their management skills and set themselves apart from other job applicants in the accommodation and food and beverage industry.
Students will learn fundamental skills in:
- Hotel operations and management: Learn how to develop the average daily rate, calculate revenue per room, forecast hotel occupancy, and adopt back-end accounting methodologies that occur in hotels.
- Restaurant leadership: Explore the operational and financial side of owning and running a food services operation ranging from food costing for menu development to staff development and leadership.
- Restaurant marketing: Learn how to connect the image and design of an establishment with consumer demand while creating the experience that customers expect.
Graduates of this micro-credential, will be able to:
- Apply general management, accounting, and revenue management principles in a hotel setting.
- Apply front office, housekeeping & property maintenance principles in a hotel setting.
- Apply leadership, cost control and menu development in a restaurant setting.
- Apply marketing and service delivery principles in a restaurant setting.
To earn a Certificate of Achievement in Tourism & Hospitality Management all courses must be completed. For more information on micro-credentials, click here.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR FALL & WINTER SESSIONS!SESSION A: STARTS NOV. 15
This micro-credential is delivered online. Once enrolled, students will be provided access to learning materials which can be completed on their own time by the designated completion date. An instructor will be available to answer questions and offer assistance.
Course ListThis program is delivered online, with access to an instructor throughout the program. Each course takes approximately 20 hours. Upon successful complete all five courses, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Tourism & Hospitality Management.
Hotel Operations: Guest Service, Leadership, HR, and Accounting
Hotel Operations: Revenue Management, Sales & Marketing, and Housekeeping
Restaurant Leadership, Cost Control & Menu Development
Restaurant Marketing & Service Delivery
|TRSM 104||Tourism Management Capstone Project||$200|
Required Learning Resources:
Hotel Operations Management. Hayes et al. 3rd Edition. 2017. ISBN-13: 978-0-13-4337623. Available from the Medicine Hat College Bookstore - $147.20.