Interview with Jim Loughlin
1. Name: Jim Loughlin
2. Sport: Men's and Women's Soccer
3. Hometown: Medicine Hat, Alberta but I was born in Toronto
4. Years at MHC: 11 (entering 12th year with Men's Team and 10th with Women's)
5. Coaching Philosophy: Success is not reserved for the talented or gifted, nor is it anyone's "right". It cannot be measured strictly by wins, losses or championship banners. Success is about doing your absolute best at whatever endeavor you pursue in the community, classroom, field or court. BE this type of person, surround yourself with like-minded individuals and challenge anyone you interact with to live up to this standard.
6. Hobbies: Rough, Water and/or Sand exploring Golfer, Amateur Article Writer for the Medicine Hat News, aspiring Dog Whisper, Obsessive Reader of Books (Chomsky, Rand, Lewis, Covey, Tolkien and Campolo are my favorites) and apprenticing Vitamix Blender Specialist.
7. Fun Facts About Me: I am an Introvert (INTJ)...no seriously! I am unable to eat prior to most public speaking events due to nerves - this includes teaching and coaching. I believe the Sarcasm Gene exists and flourishes within me.
8. Favorite/Memorable Quotes:
"Losers quit when they are tired. Winners quit when they have won." - Unknown &
"The best teachers are those that show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see." - Alexandra K. Trenfor
Want to be a Rattler? Click here to learn more.
For more information on the Men's Soccer program, contact Travis Hyde at 403.529.3944 or at email@example.com
Head Coach, Men's Soccer
Maps Phone Directory News & Events