Book a counselling appointment
It's free and confidential.
For the 2022 academic year, the counselling department is offering free confidential face-to-face services on campus as well as remote counselling sessions (telephone/video).
Students who have not seen an MHC counsellor before can schedule an initial screening appointment by visiting or calling the advising desk at 403.529.3819 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The initial screening appointment will be a 45 minute intake session to determine appropriate individual support needs.
- Subsequent counselling sessions are 50 minutes long. Up to six sessions are allocated per student per semester.
Students who have seen an MHC counsellor before can book an appointment by contacting their counsellor directly:
- Andreea Vrabie (email@example.com)
- Kelly Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Landyce Stevenson (email@example.com)
- Marie Wanty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are unable to attend a scheduled session for any reason, please advise Student Services at 403.529.3819 or directly contact your counsellor as this will enable another student to schedule an appointment. There is also a voice mail system where you may leave a confidential message. If you fail to inform student services or your counsellor before a missed session that you will be unable to attend, it will be classed as one of your six allocated sessions.
Drop-in counselling sessions are offered on Walk-In Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sessions are first come first served.
- The last available booking is 4 p.m. and appointments are taken over the lunch hour.
Counselling Services are located with Academic Advising on the main floor of the Centre Core building.
To book or cancel an appointment, please call 403.529.3819.
To contact the Student Support Specialist in Brooks, call 403.362.1697.
Find additional support with these local resources:
Medicine Hat Support Groups & Resources