Southeast Alberta Energy Diversification Symposium (SEEDS)
March 2-3, 2017 Medicine Hat College
Alberta is Energy.
Alberta Labour, Economic Development Alliance (EDA) of Southeast Alberta, and Medicine Hat College are proud to present the Southeast Alberta Energy Diversification Symposium taking place March 2 – 3, 2017. As part of a collaborative partnership, these partners conducted a study of the emerging renewable energy industry in Southeast Alberta (SE AB) and how this industry would impact both the regional economy and labour market. The findings of the “Southeast Alberta Energy Diversification Report: Our Region, Our Jobs, Our Community” will be shared at the conference.
Industry experts and municipal representatives will also explain from their experiences the impacts and opportunities for energy diversification, and cover topics such as:
- the impacts of renewable energy projects on rural Alberta municipalities;
- Alberta’s electricity sector;
- the role of decentralized energy in SE AB;
- developing a renewable energy workforce in SE AB;
- potential opportunities associated with various renewable energy industries; and,
- innovative projects and technologies in SE AB.
Who Should Attend?
- Local councillors, community leaders, and decision makers looking to learn more about renewable energy
- Job seekers wanting to know about this emerging industry
- Businesses wanting to connect with opportunities in the energy industry
- Anyone with an interest in renewable energy
Are you interested in learning about future career opportunities in Alberta's renewable energy sector, but can’t attend the full conference?
Please join us for a FREE careers session on Thursday March 2, 2017. Learn more and register here.
We have developed a packed schedule including keynote talks, panels and networking opportunities as well as a tradeshow.
Travel and Accommodations
Hotel Reservations - Best Western Medicine Hat
Check this document for a list of keynote speakers and panelists for SEEDS. Further speaker information will be released in the coming weeks.
We thank the following sponsors for partnering with us to deliver this symposium.