Programs & Courses
About this Program
Earn a Certificate of Achievement in Rainwater Harvesting
With water shortages worldwide and focus turning towards more environmental alternatives, rainwater harvesting becomes a vital skill in industry and home gardeners alike. Rainwater harvesting can drastically change what you can achieve in your design for a large outdoor space or patio garden. If you want to take control of part or all of your outdoor water supply – this is the course for you. Practical, real world, applicable knowledge to help you design a rainwater harvesting system that is perfect for your situation. Topics include the history of rainwater harvesting, the importance of soil health, determining the feasibility and sizing of a rainwater harvesting system, and designing a system and selecting components. We’ll also cover best practices from industry experts.
After successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Describe how we can better manage rainwater
- Apply a systems design approach
- Solve the supply/demand ratio for an outdoor rainwater harvesting design
- Design and sketch a site plan including all rainwater harvesting components with applicable calculations
- Briefly describe an overview of codes and regulations pertinent to the student’s location
To earn a Certificate of Achievement in Rainwater Harvesting all courses must be completed. For more information on micro-credentials, click here.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR WINTER 2022
SESSION A: STARTS FEB. 28
Online DeliveryThis micro-credential is delivered online. Once enrolled, students will be provided access to learning materials which can be completed on their own time by the designated completion date. An instructor will be available to answer questions and offer assistance.
Course ListThis program is delivered online, with access to an instructor throughout the program. Students have six weeks to complete each course.
- AGRH 100: Introduction to Rainwater Harvesting; February 28 – April 8, 2022 (24 HRS); $450.00; MHC Online Exam
- AGRH 101: Rainwater Harvesting Design & Install with Industry Applications: April 11 – May 20, 2022 (18 HRS); $300.00; MHC Online Exam
Textbook: Essential Rainwater Harvesting by Verge Permaculture: Textbook and Spreadsheet Tool Bundl, $68.00 CAD
Funding for the development of this program was provided by the Government of Alberta.