Indigenous Support Office
Beyond the warm welcome
The MHC Student Support Office is here to support all students with resources and information in regards to First Nations, Métis and Inuit culture, and assist with the integration and education of Indigenous culture on campus.
We offer a welcoming space for the college community to connect and experience Indigenous culture. Guest speakers, workshops, and events are hosted by the office to educate students, staff, and the public on Indigenous issues, traditions, and history. There are also opportunities in the community to take part in training, connect with resources, and visit surrounding communities for events and ceremonies.
The Coyote Council is a student-led group whose mandate is:
- To gather to create and support the Indigenous voice and leadership on campus.
- To learn and preserve Indigenous cultures while creating a learning space for others to be a part of our collective journey.
Learn more about this group on Facebook or visit the Indigenous support office, located in the G Wing.
- Blackfoot Canadian Cultural Society 403.327.6828
- Blood Tribe Administration 403.737.3753
- Blood Tribe Department of Health 403.737.3888
- Blood Tribe Police 403.737.3800
- Blood Tribe Family and Community Support Services 403.737.2877
- Blood Tribe Social Development 403.737.3974
- Blood Tribe Youth Ranch 403.737.2257
- Kainai Childrens Services Corp. 403.737.2900
- Kainai Food Bank Society 403.737.2949
- Piikani Nation Administration 403.965.3940
- Piikani Youth & Education Foundation 403.965.0005
- Piikani Child and Family Services 403.965.2390
- Peigan Board of Education 403.965.3910
- Piikani Traditional Knowledge Services 403.965.2985
- Canadian Museum of Civilization Research Fellowship Program
- Siksika Nation
- Siksika Resource Developments Limited
- Siksika Health Services
- Nekaneet First Nation
P.O. Box 548
Maple Creek, Saskatchewan
Clothing and Furniture
- ON CAMPUS: Medicine Hat College Day Care
- McMan Parent Link
- Common Ground
- Mental Health Family Development
- Child and Family Services
- ON CAMPUS: Medicine Hat College Residence
- Medicine Hat Community Housing
- Medicine Hat Community Housing Society
The Indigenous Student Support Office is located in G Wing.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
(Saaám Aakii / Medicine Woman)
Manager, Indigenous Engagement & Student Supports
(Migizi-Wasaa-Ewaabit / Eagle who sees far)
Indigenous Student Specialist