OUTLINE – BUSINESS COMMUNICATION SKILLS CERTIFICATE
(4 Days, 24 hours, 2.4 CEUs)
Build Learning Foundation - Introductions
- Talk about where you are with this course - PCIHO Framework discussion
- 5 Mistakes in Goal Setting/Goal achieving
- Clarify training expectations
- Introduction to Personality Inventory: True Colors
- Identifying how personality types influence communication, conflict development and its resolution
- Recognize motivations behind difficult behaviours.
Personality Under Stress
- Reframe perception
- Recognize: Connection between personality and stress
- Identify Stressors in you and others - non-verbal cues associated with assertive, aggressive and non-assertive behaviour.
- Awareness: what adds to communication barriers and how to deal with it.
- Learn about stress, its impact on communication and how individuals can cope effectively with it.
- Team Problem Solving
- Perspective – it depends on how you look at it
- Method: From the inside out
- Shared Thinking
Communicating to Connect
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Clarify: Listen to understand, different perspectives, Assess individuals’ current listening skills
- Modify: Adjust your approach; develop strategies to become a more effective listeners, especially in conflict situations.
- Personal space, body language, voice qualities
- Together We’re Better
- Team accountability
- Understand stages of team development and its potential for conflict and impact on performance.
- FORMING: values, clarity
- STORMING: Trust, empathy, relationships, conflict resolving
- NORMING: Responsibility, Team building
- PERFORMING: Strengths driven
- Develop critical thinking skills to enhance decision making in high stress situations
- Coaching: What’s working, what’s not - discussion
- Set individual goals for applying communication training to the workplace.