Registration GroupsA registration group consists of programs that follow a similar registration style. For example, some programs have block registration which means all the class dates and times are selected for you. Other programs require students to manually schedule their own classes. Each tab below lists programs specific to their registration group.
Find your registration group:
- All University Transfer (Arts; Commerce/Management; Education; Kinesiology; Science; Social Work)
- Mount Royal University - Bachelor of Education
In these programs you will need to make choices about the courses you take based on your interests and goals. Please review all emails you have received from your advisor. They will include useful resources to make those choices and address common questions and concerns.
If you need additional assistance, please book an advising appointment at www.mhc.ab.ca/book-online.
- Administrative Office Management (2nd Year)
- Art & Design (Bachelor of Applied Arts)
- Business Administration (2nd Year)
- Child & Youth Care Counsellor
- Criminal Justice
- Early Learning & Child Care (2nd year)
- Education Assistant
- Humanities and Social Science Diploma
- General Studies
- Occupational/Physical Therapist Assistant
- Paramedic (Bachelor of Applied Health Science)
- Social Work (Diploma)
- Speech Language Pathologist Assistant
As a student in a “program plan” program, you may register yourself into individual classes online. Academic advisors are available to help you understand your options should you need some help. It is important that you use the academic calendar or a program planning guide to plan your classes and to confirm you are following the right path to graduation.
- Administrative Office Mgmt. (1st Year)
- Administrative Office Professional
- Advanced Accounting
- Aviation Management
- Business Administration (1st Year)
- Computer Aided Drafting & Design
- Built Environment Engineering Technology
- Early Learning & Child Care Certificate (1st Year)
- Environmental Biology Reclamation Technology
- Health Care Aide
- Information Technology
- Intermediate Accounting
- Power Engineering Technology
- Practical Nurse
- Service Dog and Canine Studies Management
- Sport and Event Marketing and Management
- Sustainable Innovation
As a student in one of the “block registration” programs, you will be registered automatically by our registration team. You will receive an email when your registration is complete. You just need to confirm that this registration matches your expectations and appears correct.
If you have spoken to an advisor about an alternative plan or part-time course work, your registration will need to be changed. Block registration also does not automatically remove courses that may be eligible for transfer credit. Any changes to your registration will need to be initiated by you.
- Coulee Collegiate (Medicine Hat Campus)
- Sunrise Collegiate (Brooks Campus)
Upgrading requires you to meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes. As an upgrading student, you will usually register one term at a time, but, occasionally your advisor may suggest that you register for the whole year.
We offer a variety of upgrading classes through partnerships with Coulee Collegiate in Medicine Hat and Sunrise Collegiate in Brooks, who both work in conjunction with Alberta Education.