Rattler Run 2022
43rd annual Rattler Run goes live, in-person on April 30!
Join us on Saturday, Apr. 30 at 10:30 a.m. and run, walk, or push (i.e. wheelchairs and strollers) around a scenic 3km, 5km, or 10km course starting and finishing on Medicine Hat College's main campus. Runners/walkers of all ages and abilities are encouraged to get in on the fun!
Entries will be limited to the first 1000 entrants. Register early to avoid disappointment!
*Note: Ages as of race day – Apr. 30, 2022
- Early bird online registration and payment opens Feb. 15, 2022. Click here to register.
- If you prefer not to use online registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements.
- Group rate: $5 deduction per entry for groups of 5 or more who register together. Contact email@example.com for details.
- A 6% online processing fee will be added to the prices listed below.
Feb. 14 - Apr. 9
Apr. 10 - 28
|3km Fun Run
(17 & under)
|3km Fun Run
|3km Fun Run
||5km Race||10km Race
|12 and under
||12 and under||17 and under|
The runs will start and finish in front of the main doors of Medicine Hat College with three distances to choose from:
- 3km Fun Run: A flat and scenic loop around the college grounds
- 5km Race: The 3km course, plus a short trip into and back from Kin Coulee Park via the College Avenue hill
- 10km Race: The 5km course, plus a journey around Kin Coulee Park and up and down the bike path connecting the community of Kensington to the park
This year’s courses are very similar to the 2019 Rattler Run courses, with an added “victory lap” in the main parking lot just before the finish.
- 10km Race – 10:30 a.m.
- 5km Race – 10:40 a.m.
- 3 km Fun Run – 10:50 a.m.
Awards ceremonies will take place about 20 to 30 minutes after the final finisher of each race.
Race Package, Bib, and T-shirt Pickup
Friday, Apr. 29, 4 to 7 p.m.
Pick up your race bib, race swag, and pre-ordered t-shirts on Friday, Apr. 29 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Medicine Hat College main foyer. Please pick up your bib, etc. on Friday if at all possible – limited pick-up availability on race day Saturday between 9 and 10 a.m.
Rattler Run T-Shirts
A limited number of very cool 2022 Rattler Run t-shirts are still available for purchase during the Race Package pick up on Friday, April 29 at the college for $20 (cash only, please.)
Race Day Parking
Due to road closures to accommodate the run courses, please park in the Cultural Centre, Library, West, or North parking lots on the MHC campus. View parking map
COVID 19 Protocols
The Rattler Run will comply with all Government of Alberta and Medicine Hat College COVID protocols in place during the event and Race Package pick up.
Timing and Results
Chip timing provided by Race Pro Timing. Live, online results will be available immediately following your finish. Full results will be posted at www.racepro.ca
- Medals to the top 3 in each age category for all three distances.
- Downloadable finisher’s certificate for each finisher.
- Special Rattler Run race memento (i.e. heat/cold bag) and discount coupons.
- Post-race refreshments including a Booster Juice beverage.
- Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place men overall and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place women in the both the 5 km race and the 10 km race. (Overall places will be determined by gun time, not chip time.)
Thanks to affinity program partner, TD Insurance Meloche Monnex, for their generous support of the Rattler Run!
Did you know? Alumni and Students of MHC qualify for preferred rates with TD Insurance. Click the banner below to find out more.