Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Alberta's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) requires MHC to provide open access to information about the institution, our policies and procedures and other details as may be required. The same law restricts disclosure of information about individuals without their permission.
While working within the provision of the Act may require some additional work and time, it is a small price to pay for the assurance that personal information is protected, and to provide accountability with access to institutional records.
There are five fundamental principles that will help you work and learn within the law:
- You have the right to access college information, subject only to limited and specific exceptions.
- We may collect your personal information only for specific reasons, must control the use of that information, and carefully control disclosure of that information.
- You have the right to access the records we have about you, subject to limited and specific exceptions.
- You have the right to request corrections to the records we hold about you.
- If necessary, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner with any concerns.
MHC Personal Information Banks
A personal information bank lists the type of personal information held by a public body. Please click here to view MHC's Personal Information Banks.