Science and Innovation for Sustainable Development - Course Development Subject Matter Experts (SME)
|Competition Number: 121075
||Type: Contract - SME
|Closing Date: Open
Medicine Hat College invites applications for program development experts for the School of Arts, Science and Education. The SMEs will work in collaboration with the Dean, the School, and the Centre for Innovation and Teaching Excellence team to establish various courses for the Science and Innovation for Sustainable Development major in our new Diploma in Sustainable Innovation to be delivered in Fall 2022.
You will be responsible for producing and delivering course(s) content and elements as listed below.
- A course outline consisting of course description, learning outcomes, prerequisites(s), textbooks and course requirements
- Complete text for online content (as will be placed in our learning platform Blackboard), referenced as required using APA guidelines
- An introduction or overview for each topic/module/week in the course
- Student Learning Outcomes by topic (unit, section, module)
- References list by topic (unit, section, module) and any required copyright clearance
- All assignments, major in-class activities, and exams, with answer keys and rubrics
- Evaluation guidelines consisting of: grade distribution, explanation of assignments/exams, marking criteria and general recommendations
- Minimum Master’s degree in a related field
- 3 years teaching experience is required, and course/program development experience is preferred
- Demonstrated strong communication, organizational, and time management skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and make positive contributions as a team member
- A commitment to student success
Growing a vibrant future with learners and our region
This is an exciting time to become part of MHC's future. Our people, our communities, and our region are at the heart of who we are. We are guided by the principles of authenticity, collaboration, and action. Through teamwork and diversity in our perspectives, we lift each other up and build on each other's strength so that we can bring our best to the people we serve. Together, we prepare learners for success in college, in the workforce, and in life, while enhancing regional vitality and opening doors to the world. Bring your passion to our purpose, and join us. To learn more visit https://www.mhc.ab.ca/AboutMHC
Please submit a cover letter quoting Competition #121075 with your resume and the names of three references. This competition will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you first saw the ad for this position.
Submit your application by one of the following methods:
Email (You can select the "Apply Now" button below.) Please send your application as an attachment in either .doc,.docx,.pdf or .rtf formats (only).
Applications will not be accepted via fax
Medicine Hat College
299 College Drive S.E.
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 3Y6
Medicine Hat College is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Thank-you for your interest in this opportunity. Only those applicants granted an interview will be contacted.