Programs & Courses
Home Inspection Certificate
About This Program
This is a non-credit program offered on a part-time basis in an online format. For more information or to register, call 403.529.3844 or visit the Courses and Fees tab below.
There has never been a stronger demand for home inspections than there is today. Consumers have a need to be better informed and want maximum value for what is often their largest financial decision – purchasing a home.
Medicine Hat College is pleased to partner with Carson Dunlop and Associates to offer this high quality and convenient program. The program is recognized by the Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors - Alberta (CAHPI).
This 10-course program provides students with the technical skills and expertise needed to succeed in the home inspection field. Students learn how to conduct visual examinations and deliver written reports on the physical and operational condition of homes or housing units.
There are no formal academic requirements for this program.
Courses & FeesFor upcoming dates and times and to register for courses, please click here.
The 10-courses will be delivered through a blended approach of printed material and online sessions. Each of the 10 courses requires a minimum of 42 hours of study and you can work from the comfort of your own home or office. Exercises and practical quizzes allow you to check your level of understanding with feedback. Courses can be taken in any order.
Students will have six months to complete each course.
- Home Inspection - 01 Roofing (Online)
- Home Inspection - 02 Structure (Online)
- Home Inspection - 03 Electrical (Online)
- Home Inspection - 04 Heating I (Online)
- Home Inspection - 05 Heating II (Online)
- Home Inspection - 06 Air Conditioning & Heating (Online)
- Home Inspection - 07 Plumbing (Online)
- Home Inspection - 08 Exteriors (Online)
- Home Inspection - 09 Insulation & Interior (Online)
- Home Inspection - 10 Communication & Professional Practice (Online)
Each course: $295
Online textbooks and materials: $250
Please note: Upon registration students will receive an email with details on how to order for the digital textbook and materials.
For more information, contact:
The MHC Advantage
Visit our campus!
Stop by for a guided tour and see our facilities in person. More...