News and Events
On Campus: At our best
August 28, 2014
Written by Mark Keller, director of college advancement
Featured in "On Campus" in the Medicine Hat News
Medicine Hat College has a simple goal. To be our best. The best college in Alberta. The best college in Canada.
It could be that in some ways we already are the best. It could also be true that there are things we need to change to say with full confidence that we are, truly, the best we can possibly be. And since the world changes around us every minute of every day, it is a sure thing that we need to adapt and evolve just to keep pace.
For all these reasons and more, your college is building a plan for the future. But we can’t possibly do that without you. We need your ideas, we need your energy, and we need your dreams.
‘Hang on,’ you might say. ‘I don’t know anything about running a college. How could my input make a difference?’ I’ve got a top ten list of reasons to get involved.
- You’re an employer who relies on a skilled workforce to compete and grow. Can the college do more to help provide the people you need?
- You need the community to grow and thrive so your business can too. Study after study shows that college grads contribute to the economy while leaning less on support systems.
- You rely on well-trained and educated people to provide services like social work, police and paramedics. College grads fill hundreds of critical jobs.
- You care about the culture and the arts and want to ensure access to learning continues. Your college provides a broad range of opportunities today. What about tomorrow?
- You just tucked the little ones into bed. It is never too early to think about the opportunities they’ll need in the future.
- You have a dream to do something new and different but you’re not quite sure how to grasp the opportunity. Maybe the college can do more to help.
- You believe that sports are a critical part of life. Share that passion with your college.
- You don’t know anything at all about the college. This is a great way to learn more as we learn from you.
- You see the world is changing and want our region to keep pace. Tell us what you think the future looks like.
- The best reason of all, you care about the future and the well-being of your neighbours.
It is easy to get involved-and fun too. There’s a special session in Medicine Hat on Wednesday September 10 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Courtyard Room on campus. Visit www.mhc.ab.ca/MHCatitsBest to RSVP or complete our online survey.
We need you.
The Medicine Hat News is a great community partner. Thanks!